Sunday 8 November 2015

Sunday

We were very fortunate today to attend Amas's church today.  It was wonderful to see people shaking their bodies for the Lord!  Praising God for what they have even though it may not be much.  I love church in Liberia!

We have been fortunate enough to meet with a Presidential candidate set to run in 2017.  This was a great honour and hopefully we will have an opportunity to sit down again and fully discuss his platform.  Augustine says he is a good man and wants change for Liberia.  Listening to him speak he really has a love for his people and country.

Construction of the school began Saturday.  First materials had to be purchased and the sight had to be cleaned up.  Today is a day of rest so we begin on Monday with the hard labour.  We are all getting excited to get our hands dirty.

Today was hard for me.  I miss my kids and hope they are well.  Seeing children working that are the same ages as my younger siblings and my own children is difficult.  Mommy loves you guys, miss you.  You too Owen and Bri. XO from Liberia.

-Tania




I am alive and made it to Liberia safely! Thank God! It's been a busy few days or at least it feels that way with jet lag. It's been exciting and eye-opening so far. I love meeting the people here and can't wait to meet many more! As Tania said we start building the school tomorrow! Cameron and I are going to be hanging out with the kids on the work site, as well as helping with construction. All the little kids I've met/seen are super adorable and I'm excited to get to spend time with them. Thank you everyone for your prayer support, it is so appreciated! I love you mom, dad, Jonah, and Gen! Type you more later!

-Kat




Hey everyone, I survived the trip to Liberia with just some sore muscles. The trip here went well, there were some nights with very little sleep but other then that every thing was good. I have been here for three days, it has been amazing. I have been, as Augustine would say, getting sufficient rest. Something really interesting I noticed is that a lot of the taxis have hand painted messages on them, its really cool, for example GOD IS GOOD and IN GOD WE TRUST.  I've enjoyed reading these because it is not something you would see at home.  Hope all is well.

-Cameron





2 comments:

  1. Hey Guys,

    So glad to hear you are there and loving it! Praying for you daily.
    love you,
    Ken and Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you all! Cameron thanks for the message :) please give Augustine our love! Can't wait to hear more!
    Sending love and prayers
    Isaac Diana and the girls

    ReplyDelete