Tuesday 17 November 2015

Notes Home

I'm just writing tonight because I have really missed my kids.  I have had the opportunity to meet and play with so many kids.  It has been wonderful but today was hard.  I can't wait to get home and hug my babies!
                           Kieran - I miss your mischievous smile, your silliness, and your kind heart.
                           Callie  - I miss your giggles, your hugs, and your love of God
                           Quinn -  I miss your cuddles soooo much and your jokes
Just know that I'm praying for you everyday and I love you soooo much xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
To Clare,
Thank you for watching over my babies and keeping then safe and loved.  xo

-Tania


Heya!
Today we went to the Doe Community. We told these little children about the story of Jonah. We had some little ones come act it out with us. It was really fun! We told them that they are children of God and the Jesus died for them. And they understood!

Mom- I miss you and Jonah and the weird one. I love you guys and I can't wait to see you...when I'm not super jet-lagged! I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Jonah- Stay in school. Don't give up. I know it is hard sometimes but you are brilliant. I know you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to! God's given you that gift. Kids here can't all afford go to school and have to stay home. I'm sure you think that sounds great but it's not. They can't get the education they need and desperately want. Nothing is easy here. We are so lucky for the things we have ESPECIALLY free education. I have a lot more to tell you and share with you but please think about what I've said. I love you and I'm proud of you punk.

Dad and Gen- I miss talking to you and will call you when I get back! Also after jet-lag sleep. I lovvvveeeee youuuu! I have a lot to tell you!

-K@

hello everybody. We had a pretty restful day today, I got to read for like five hours give or take. After lunch we spent part of the afternoon with some of the cutest, nicest kids you will every meet, it was amazing. Kieran, Callie, and Quinn don't worry you are still my favorite kids, but they were a close second XD.
I'm sad my time in Liberia is almost done, but I am very happy to be coming home on Friday.

- Cameron

Hello all,
Today was a great day! I was soo happy to spend some time in the Doe community today. This community touched my heart when I was here in 2013 and it was nice to be able to spend some time with the children. This also left me missing my own children.
To Kieran, Callie and Quinn Daddy loves you and misses you. When Daddy misses you at night I look up at the moon and it makes me smile that you guys can look at the same moon from the other side of the world and it also reminds me that God's love shines through the darkness for all to see whether you are in Africa, Canada, or anywhere else in the world. So Kieran, Callie, and Quinn as you get ready for bed tonight look out your window at the moon and know that Daddy is looking at the same moon and thinking about you and praying for you. I love you xoxoxoxo
Dad: I love you and I am thinking of you as well.
Aunt Clare: Thank you for watching the kids I am truly blessed and comforted to know that they are in your care.  Thank you!


Blessings
Don







3 comments:

  1. Hey guys,
    I loved reading your updates. things here are great. I saw the kids at church tonight and callie proudly told me her mommy was coming home in 2 days. They are happy and aunt claire is amazing. we are praying for safe travels as you come home and a peaceful reunion.
    love you lots,
    the conleys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you SO much, Sweet Pea, and have been praying for you! Thank you for the unexpected phone call. Love you more than I can say and can't wait to see you again. All of my love and prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Don,
    Wednesday night while driving back from dropping Kieran & Callie at Church, Quinn commented on the moon and asked if we could have a good look at it when we got home. We spent some time looking at the moon, the stars and the sky. A little cloudy but still able to enjoy it. When we came inside I read your blog......."you and Quinn were both blessed with the same thought!" When we picked them up later, I had the other two children enjoy some time looking at the moon and talking about you looking at it too.

    Needless to say we are all looking forward to your safe return.
    Love & hugs!
    Aunt Clare

    ReplyDelete