Tuesday 22 November 2016

Discouragement and God's Plan

Hey all, we made it home!  Transit was rough, we had one flight delayed, because of that delay we missed a connecting flight. We did finally make it.

Leaving Liberia is always bitter sweat.  By the two week mark I miss my kids terribly.  I also miss hot showers and my own bed.  Then when I get home I miss my Liberian friends, the hot weather, the God based culture, and the sounds of the city.

This trip was especially difficult for myself and Don.  I had to keep reminding myself that this is God's work and through him all things are possible.  Some times God calls to do things that are really hard to do.  I am tired, I have been fundraising for Liberia for four years now.  I think about this project almost daily.  I have had many moments where I want to give up.  It is hard not feeling supported by the people you think would be most supportive.  It is hard having people telling you that your not equipped to do this.  It is hard having people question what your doing and why your doing it.  What is NOT hard is being in Liberia.  What is NOT hard is being among-st the people you love and in the country God has put on your heart.  We are so supported by our friends at YFC.  Don and I are so blessed to be involved with an organization that believes in people.  God reveals himself to us all the time when we are in Liberia.  This time was no exception.  We were able to accomplish more on the school then we thought possible.  We hired over a dozen Liberians and made some great connections with other missionaries from North America.  We also were able to provide Joshua's organization with a skill that will help fund the work he is doing and have formed a great partnership and friendship.

The goal of the project is to finish the school build, build a caretaker home, and a guesthouse, and to leave Liberia YFC and the school self sufficient.  I feel like we now have a solid plan for all those things to happen and have laid the ground work for success.  I am so encouraged to keep going!  So here's to another year of fundraising and speaking to as many people as possible about my second home, Liberia!  

 - Tania





No comments:

Post a Comment