Tuesday 1 September 2015

Meet Kat

I would like to introduce Kathrine Higgins, our newest team member!  Here is a bit about Kat and her reasons for joining our team.

Hi, I am Katherine Higgins. I am 18 and have never done anything like this before. I decided to follow Jesus Sept. 1st 2013. I have been following Him ever since. This past year God has really been pushing me out of my comfort zone and getting me to share my faith with others more often. It started with a mission trip to New York (NY). The NY trip showed me that I needed to work on listening when God is calling me. So I started practicing that more which led to me giving me testimony at school. Shortly after, the director of YFC asked me if I would start working with the YFC in Belleville. I had been a student leader in the Campus Life programs and so they thought I might be interested. This past year God has been opening door after door after door. I feel like Liberia is another door He wants to take me through. To give some history of the love I have for Liberia and what YFC is doing there we have to backtrack to eighth grade for a second. When I was in 8th grade, I had a teacher talk to our class about war torn children. I couldn’t believe what had been going on. I couldn’t believe how many people didn’t know about what was going on. There was this aching in my heart to do more about it, but I had no idea what that looked like. There weren’t any opportunities that I was aware of to help with this, so I let it go. Now fast forward to 2015. I started working as a summer student at YFC in Belleville only to realize that they are working alongside Liberia to rehabilitate war torn children! Not only that but there is a mission trip giving me the opportunity to personally go out and help build a school for children. I feel like this trip is something God is using to help me grow deeper with Him and help others.

2 comments:

  1. ON FIRE FOR THE LORD IT IS CALLED :) BONNIE :) made my day KAT to hear you follow Jesus He is our ROCK God Bless you

    ReplyDelete