Friday 25 September 2015

Meet Cameron!

Cameron is a wonderful kid, who loves the Lord, and is also my oldest son.  Here is a bit about Cameron and his calling.

Hello, my name is Cameron Butler.  I’m 14 and have been following Jesus since I was in grade three. That's when some missionaries came to my school.  They talked about Jesus, and his love and forgiveness then asked if anyone wanted to give their life Jesus, I said I did.  They prayed with me and I accepted Christ as my savior.  My faith has been reinforced multiple times since then.  Largely due to the influence of Youth Unlimited speakers and staff.  

Since my parents first mission trip in 2009, God has been slowly and quietly prompting me to go out and spread my faith, and help others.  Missions work has been somewhat prominent in my life.  It wasn’t until this year that I realized God had been calling me.  After a time of prayer I felt that god wanted me to go and help the “least of these” in Africa.  I also knew that this was the mission trip God was calling me to. He wanted me to go help the war torn people of Liberia and show them His love.  I believe God wants to and will work through me and the other members of the team to help show the people of Liberia His love and mercy.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless you Cameron, have the adventure of your life! Be praying for you all.
    Bonnie QYFC

    ReplyDelete