Wednesday 4 February 2015

It's been far to long

Good morning all, I need to start today with an apology.  I have not written in a very long time and I'm sorry for that.  I find it hard to not get distracted with my North American life and my silly North American problems.  I have also been worn down and disheartened over the last month over the lack of interest in the third world.  When things like Ebola become "old news".  We can become so desensitized to the images on the news and our interested is so fleeting.  We want the next "best" thing or what ever is more graphic or horrific.  Some of us just want to ignore world problems all together and find happiness in our oblivion.  That is a first world problem, that is our epidemic.  It is the lack of true concern that fleeting moment of shock when you hear of a disaster.  I feel the same sometimes and shamefully, react the same.  I get caught up in the disease of North America.  My life can be so busy and full of things that to me are so important at the time, but in reality are not.  I think we sometimes build up the importance of the mundane to make us feel worthy or important.  Or, we are afraid of admitting the silliness of our less then trivial issues and actually looking at the world.  It is my prayer that our eyes are opened to the world, our ears hearing the suffering, and that we show the love of Jesus through our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment